Wednesday, April 4, 2007

MedMapGuy's Fan Art Book Coming this Summer

"Hello Everyone,
I'm pleased to inform you that I am ready to make a formal announcement with Studio MMG for a PDF file style book showcasing some really nifty fan art for Robotech the television show by me and a few fan artists. The book (which will contain an unknown number of color illustrations) will be available at Studio MMG in Summer of 2007 for free! Yes! Unless I want Harmony Gold's lawyers and Captains issuing me a cease-and-desist order! (Hi guys!)

You can find out more about Studio MMG here:
http://robotechflash.blog.com

Preview stills are available on the blog so hurry on down!

I hope to have more information for in two years time. JUST KIDDING!

MedMapGuy
Studio MMG"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm severely disappointed in hearing this. MedMapGuy, I had figured (for whatever reason) that you had more sense than this; why should someone waste his or her time and talents upon a venture to which he or she cannot claim ownership?

Rest assured, I'm not some ardent capitalist speaking here. I'm a comic book writer who has learned that "writing fanfiction is like riding a bike with training wheels" and once that period is over and the person realises the truth, that with a few small tweaks and fixes, the work can be entirely his or hers, without any fear of reprecussion from a larger company, he or she can actually DO SOMETHING WITH THEIR TALENTS.

Whether or not you charge for it, the point is that Harmony Gold could legally whoop your butt anytime they wanted-to. Are you really gonna put that much work into a project just for that to happen?

Yours in the protoculture,
Khyron_Prime

Praise Haydon!